Potato Casserole with Grapes, Pear & Onion
Serves: 3-4 for lunch or 5-6 as a side dish
- 2 lbs. (907 grams) medium to large sweet potatoes (scrubbed) and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into 10 wedges each
- 1 large, firm pear, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 454 grams (1 lb.) green or red seedless grapes
- Small handful fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Coarsest ground black peppercorns
- Flaky sea salt or Peruvian pink salt (ground)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Spread potatoes, onions, pear wedges, grapes and rosemary in a baking dish. Whisk the olive oil, wine, lemon juice, maple syrup and pepper and pour over potatoes, onions, pear wedges and grapes. Toss all ingredients until they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and roast in the oven between 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste.